No need for a Hail Mary

img_0098Last week’s Tennessee/Georgia football game was one for the ages.

A capacity crowd of 92,746 witnessed it live from Stanford Stadium in Athens, Georgia.  Another 4.2 million college football fans watched it on television.

The storyline went something like this…

Georgia scored a go-ahead touchdown with 10 seconds remaining to lead 31-28.

Thousands of Tennessee fans turned off their television sets, computers and radios and missed what happened next.

The ensuing kickoff got the Vols just inside Georgia territory.  Tennessee quarterback  Josh Dobbs had time to run one play…a Hail Mary pass into the Georgia end zone as time expired.  (see the play here)  Tennessee wins 34-31.

Statisticians later gave the Vols less than a 1% chance to complete the pass and win the game.  Think about that…a 99% chance for failure.  Victory was snatched from the jaws of defeat.

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:37-39

We are faced with challenges everyday.  Worry and fear can overtake us and leave us feeling helpless. But the sacrifice of Jesus gives us victory over all obstacles that this life can present.

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.  I John 4:16

There’s no need for a Hail Mary when it comes to life on this earth.  We have all we need for victory.

Please pray for me to worry less- and to trust in Jesus more.

And let me know how to pray for  you.

God bless.

 

Advertisements
Standard

One thought on “No need for a Hail Mary

  1. jluthiutmedu says:

    Keith,

    This is so true and good. Please pray for me to have more trust in Jesus and less worry also.

    Thanks again for sharing.

    God Bless you,

    John Luthi

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s